Dependable Emergency Dental Extractions in Escondido, CA
Experience the best emergency teeth extractions
There are numerous reasons why you may need a tooth extraction. Upon your consultation with Dr. Dmitry Tsvetov, he may determine that your tooth is severely decayed or broken to such an extent that it can’t be repaired or that you may be suffering from an advanced periodontal disease. Poor positioning of teeth is another reason why you may need teeth removal. In such cases, emergency ortho extractions in Escondido are the option that brings the most benefits to the patient.
However, removing a single tooth may lead to a wide range of issues with your jaw joint, chewing ability, and teeth shifting, all of which may impact your overall dental health. This is why relying on Dr. Tsvetov is the easiest way to avoid such complications. He will discuss all the available alternatives to emergency tooth extractions and replacements for your removed teeth, making sure you get the best possible dental treatment in Escondido and beyond. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Tsvetov at Temecula Facial Oral Surgery today.
What is the tooth extraction process?
The tooth extraction process is essentially the same for both regular and emergency dental extractions, unless major complications arise. Your oral surgeon will numb your teeth, gums, and jawbone around the extraction area using a local anesthetic. Although you won’t feel any pain, you may feel pressure from the process of rocking the tooth to widen its socket.
If you happen to feel any pain during the procedure, make sure to let Dr. Tvsetov know immediately. We want to make sure the entire process is as painless and stress-free as it can be, and that is why we offer a number of anesthesia options to our patients in Escondido and the surrounding area.
Or Schedule Your Free
What is tooth sectioning?
Teeth sectioning may be required in certain extraction cases. This is a procedure that is frequently performed when a tooth is anchored too firmly in its socket or its root is so curved that the socket can’t widen enough for removal. Teeth sectioning simply means cutting the tooth into different sections and removing each section separately.
At Temecula Facial Oral Surgery, we work with Doctor Dmitry Tsvetov, one of the most renowned professionals for emergency tooth extractions in Escondido and across Riverside County. No matter how complex your dental situation may be, you can count on Dr. Tsvetov to carefully examine it and come up with a tailored solution that will bring you the most benefits.
How can I make my tooth extraction heal faster?
Once you’ve undergone the tooth extraction procedure, a blood clot will need to form in order for your tooth to stop bleeding and the healing process to begin. Here’s how you can make the entire process quicker and less painful:
- Bite on a piece of gauze for half an hour or 45 minutes after your appointment. You may need to repeat this process several times if the oozing or bleeding persists.
- Once the clot has formed, make sure not to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth vigorously, drink alcohol, smoke, or exercise for 72 hours after the extraction to prevent any disturbance or dislodging of the clot.
- Some swelling and pain are normal after any emergency tooth extraction. To help minimize the discomfort, we recommend applying an ice pack or a bag of frozen vegetables to the area. In most cases, the swelling goes down after 2 days.
- Make sure to use the prescribed pain medications as instructed. If you feel like the medications aren’t working, make sure to contact us. If any antibiotics are prescribed, you should take them for as long as it’s indicated even if you don’t notice any signs of infection.
- In terms of food and drinks, we recommend drinking plenty of fluids and eating soft, nutritious foods on the day after the extraction.
- After the first 24 hours, you should resume your regular dental routine, including flossing and brushing teeth on a daily basis to keep your mouth clean and fresh and speed up the healing process.
- If you experience severe pain, profuse bleeding, excessive swelling, or any unexpected reactions to your medication after 2-3 days, make sure to contact us immediately.
What qualifies as an emergency dental extraction?
Emergency extractions refer to situations where a tooth or multiple teeth need to be extracted as soon as possible, usually on the very same day. The reasons why your dental surgeon in Escondido may choose to do an emergency extraction typically have to do with abscessed, infected, or fractured teeth that cause pain and swelling on your face and mouth.
If you are in need of immediate dental care, look no further than Dr. Tsvetov, the leading emergency oral surgeon in the area. Whether you need an emergency wisdom teeth extraction or want to find an expert for ortho serial extractions in Escondido, you can depend on Dr. Tsvetov to provide you with reliable and knowledge-based dental assistance throughout the region.
Why would a tooth have to be extracted?
Same-day emergency extractions are necessary in situations where prolonged waiting may cause serious harm to the overall health of the patient. For instance, if you have an abscessed or infected tooth, the initially localized infection may keep spreading into the tissues of your neck and face.
This can be particularly dangerous in patients with weak immune systems, where the infection may spread swiftly, potentially closing off their airway and impacting their breathing. Not only that but upper teeth infections may also lead to severe eye infections, and even spread to the brain in extremely rare cases.
No matter what your dental emergency may be, make sure to schedule an appointment with Doctor Tsvetov. He can perform both simple and complex teeth extractions and ensure optimal benefits, whether they are performed to stop infection or for orthodontic treatment. He will handle your emergency with efficiency and professionalism, so don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Your trusted expert for emergency tooth extractions in Escondido & the area
Doctor Dmitry Tsvetov is a board-certified emergency dental surgeon with years of experience in the field, serving patients in Temecula, and the rest of Riverside County. You can rely on his expertise and experience whether you need a regular tooth extraction, emergency extractions of wisdom teeth, or ortho serial extractions in Escondido. Give us a call today and schedule your free consultation!